Our office is reopening on May 7th.
Your health and safety is our top priority. Please read the following information regarding the changes we are implementing to keep you and our team safe:
- We have implemented a Curbside Check-In; upon arrival to the office, please call or text us at 904-584-9004 and a team member will come to the parking lot to greet you.
- All patients will be asked a series of screening questions. Prior to entering the office, a team member will ask you screening questions to see if you or anyone in your household has recently experienced flu-like symptoms, cough, fever or has tested positive or come in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. If yes, we will kindly ask that the appointment be rescheduled 14 days out.
- In an effort to maintain social distancing, we ask that only children with a scheduled appointment and one parent enter the office.
- Prior to entering the office, all patients will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- To limit the amount of people in the lobby, we will escort you and your child inside only once their chair is ready.
- Parents and older children are encouraged to wear a face covering or mask if possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the office.
- The removal of items such as children’s toys and magazines in our lobby and throughout the office will remain in effect due to infection control measures until restrictions have been lifted.
- We will continue to thoroughly disinfect all treatment areas and touch points, as well as observe social distancing rules were applicable.
- We will continue to use many forms of high volume suction during all procedures to minimize aerosols.
- Our staff will be screened daily, temperatures taken and our clinical team members will be wearing additional PPE including masks and face shields.
- We have added a commercial grade air purification system that eliminates bacteria and viruses from the air.
- Please stay home and cancel your child’s appointment if anyone in the house has a fever, flu-like symptoms, GI symptoms, a loss of taste or smell, or has been around anyone with COVID-19.
We are here to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We have and will always follow the guidelines of the CDC, OSHA and the ADA to continue providing the best pediatric dental care in the safest environment.
Dr. Bright & your Bright Smiles Team